ati9600 & wide-screen notebooks (Alessandro Torrisi)

Alessandro Torrisi alessandro.torrisi at eurone.it
Thu May 6 14:41:42 UTC 2004

Hi! I've got the same problem with an ATI RADEON 9000 Mobility + MONITOR LCD
1280x800 WideScreen (Packard Bell AMD64 3000Mhz M3) !!!
The problem seems to be common, not only with Fedora but with all
distributions!!! For example I tried to install Gentoo and also with that
there is the same problem...

I configured it with VESA DRIVER an I can use X in this way, even if the GUI
is very very SLOW.

Trying to use ATI DRIVERS (kernel ones) it outputs on the second PORT of the
ATI Device and if I send a CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE to kill X a BLANK SCREEN is
the only thing I can see and I have to REBOOT the notebook !!!

PLEASE HELP US.
Alessandro Torrisi.