FC2T3 questions

Ben Brown xthor at xthorsworld.com
Thu May 6 20:12:57 UTC 2004

Just installed FC2test3 on my desktop... and I'm having a couple of
issues.

First off, when I install RPMs (via the terminal), I get a ton of
errors, such as:

/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts:  invalid context
system_u:object_r:default_context_t on line number 1854
/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts:  invalid context
system_u:object_r:amanda_recover_dir_t on line number 1855
/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts:  invalid context
system_u:object_r:staff_home_spamassassin_t on line number 1856

I didn't enable SELinux, so I'm confused as to why I'm getting these
errors. Is there something else I have to disable?

The second question isn't an issue so much as a "general practices"
question. Running 'yum check-update' shows quite a few updates available
for download. I tested FC2test2 briefly, until running 'yum update'
screwed up the whole system. After installing a test release, is
updating all the packages recommended?

Thanks!