ati9600 & wide-screen notebooks (Alessandro Torrisi)

Peter Klein peter.klein at uni-konstanz.de
Fri May 7 10:59:13 UTC 2004

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-May/msg00368.html

> Fred

Thanks,
but I've already read all relevant threads on that list and honestly: I
dont understand why modelines should cause any effect on an LCD?!
Weren't the modelines for CRT only? I thought they provide physical
information (number of real pixels, time for the beam to return to the
next line, etc.), but AFAIK LCDs refreashes all pixels at time?!

Best regards,
 Peter