getting ACPI suspend to work (on Dell Inspiron)

Quasar Jarosz masterra at m-ra.net
Fri May 7 14:09:32 UTC 2004

My HP Pavilion ze4430us suspends when i echo 3 into /proc/acpi/sleep, and
everything looks good until i try to turn it back on. Opening the lid does
nothing, and pressing any of the hotkeys or the power key cause it to
begin to power up, and then it just shuts down.

This could be an issue with the laptop, however. The options in the sleep
file do not include 1, which i hear means the bios may not properly
support sleeping.

It works in windows, of course.