unable to recompile kernel

Almacha almacha at altern.org
Fri May 7 17:17:16 UTC 2004

Strange:
I tried to compile offical 2.6.5 kernel from kernel.org under
2.6.5-1.353 and no problem!
In looks that it does not crash each time.
GCC is certainly right when it says "The bug is not reproducible"

Maybe that is exeptional and we can foget it.

Le jeu 06/05/2004 à 19:53, Alan Cox a écrit :
> On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 07:16:01PM +0000, Almacha wrote:
> > At some time during compilation GCC stops (Segmenation Fault) and tells
> > me it certainly comes from a OS or hardware problem. But as my partition
> > table is damaged (by Windows XP) it may not happen at all on an other
>
> Odds on its hardware. Its harder to be sure with a test kernel obviously
> but the biggest clue is that make crashes in different places each time

That's right. If I restart comilation it crashes somewhere else.