startup applications and rhgb

Deji Akingunola deji_aking at yahoo.ca
Sat May 8 00:42:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 19:50, Bob Gill wrote:

>   The (unrelated to the above) question I have is: where (in FC2) is
> there a place where I can run an application at GNOME startup?  In FC1
> (and RedHat9) there was a place where you could run GNOME/gui startup
> apps.  I am tempted to use (from the GConf editor)
> desktop/accessibility/startup, but surely there must be a better place
> to run my application.
> Thanks,
> Bob

I believe 'gnome-session-properties' is what you are looking for. It has
a tab called 'Startup Program' where you can add such apps you want to
run at GNOME startup. I'm not sure why gnome-session-properties is not
in the Preferences sub-menu anymore, i think it use to be there before.
Anyway you can always run it from the command-line.

Deji