Example up2date `sources'

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sat May 8 22:28:30 UTC 2004

Harry Putnam wrote:
> Colin Charles <linux at bytebot.net> writes:
>

>>On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 01:26, Harry Putnam wrote:
>>
>>>Group,
>>>I've fallen way way behind the testing curve ...still on core1 test2.
>>>My current /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources is way out of date.
>>
>>You don't need one - up2date is smart enough to do selection nowadays
>

> Do what selection?
>
> up2date isn't all that smart here... Installing the latest up2date
> and using its `souces' file results in:
>
> [root] # up2date --list
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc2
> There was a fatal error communicating with the server. The message was:
>
> An HTTP error occurred:
> Status Code: 404
> Error Message: Not Found

It looks like you managed to update to the up2date that is all set up
for running your system as FC2, but perhaps without getting all the
other packages that upgrade the system to FC2.  My fully updated system
gives the same errors as yours, because it is now supposed to be
essentially an FC2 system.  The background wallpaper is now labeled as
Fedora Core 2.

Perhaps you could uninstall up2date, download a previous version and
install it.  Then, run it and get all the package updates that comprise
FC2.  Or, perhaps all you need to do is replace the sources in the
config file.

Good Luck.

Gerry Tool