MySQL and Apache Updates

Wayne Frazee wfrazee at wynweb.net
Sun May 9 00:28:48 UTC 2004

Fedora Core linux build is supposed to be a ground for enthusiasts to
test the latest software for later possible integration into the Redhat
Enterprise Linux products and to provide a distro on the "cutting edge"
of application technology.

In particular note, I was interested in MySQL 4.0.

Why has the latest mysql not made it into updates for FC1 and into the
FC2 tree?  (Or has it, and I have just missed it?  Its not on the
package list on fedora.redhat.com and I have yet to see it to turn up in
yum or up2date...)