Creating a driver diskette for ICH5 with SATA driver support

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Sun May 9 23:22:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 03:15, raxet wrote:
> It doesn't work on a new mobo P4P800 with no other drive but SATA. I'm doing
> a FRESH install over an already partitioned FC2 T3.
> Take that. :)
>
> IOW, I need to somehow create the dd (driver disk) and then do one of those
> funky installs that drive everyone absolutely crazy. What happens currently:
> FC2 T3 install CD 1 in drive, select graphical install, trys to uncompress
> the kernel and voila, NADA.
>
> RaXeT

Are you trying to use ICH5R (raid) with the existing data put on the
disks by the older Promise Raid card you mentioned earlier? Raid vendors
put proprietary *magic* on the disks that prevent moving the disks to a
competitors controller while keeping the data intact, so unless you were
using them as individual disks using software raid, you will probably
need to wipe the disks and use software raid now. Alan would know for
sure, but I don't think the current drivers support the raid functions
of ICH5R.

--
Chris Kloiber