Long Deplay when booting

Isam Bayazidi isam at freesoft.jo
Mon May 10 08:35:14 UTC 2004

in FC2T3
when using one of the kernels:
kernel-smp-2.6.5-1.358	OR
kernel-smp-2.6.5-1.351

After uncompressing the kernel, and "audit (long number): initialization, in
the step:
RedHat nash version 2.5.22 starting

The system holds for around 40-50 seconds, before proceding with the boot, and
running init, and funtioning properly.. it is just that the long delay at
booting made me think that the kernel is not working, until I started to
write the long numbre in the audit, when after around a minute the system
continued properly..

Is this a known bug ? it was not present (still working fine until now) in
kernel-smp-2.6.5-1.327

I hope that this will get addressed before the release,

Yours,
Isam Bayazidi