x86_64 Fedora Core 2 test3 root reiserfs safe? xfs, too?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon May 10 13:20:49 UTC 2004

I noticed it's apparently possible to install Fedora Core 2 test3 with
reiserfs on root by passing reiserfs as boot kernel option. As migrating root
to reiserfs is painful, I'm going to have to reinstall.

1) Are there any corruption issues reported, especially with x86_64?

2) Are there any other reasons I shouldn't do this? (I'm not going to use SELinux
   anytime soon).

3) What's the XFS situation? Safe to put on root?

Thanks,