MySQL and Apache Updates

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Mon May 10 16:06:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 10:22:56PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> > I'd assume a mysql list is the place to ask ?
>
> Box office attitude. Fedora-legal would be a better forum. Or
> fedora-devel. My main question is if the current state of affairs allows
> later version of MySQL to be included in Fedora Core (>= 3). How about
> http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing/foss-exception.html . Does that
> still leaves concerns to be addressed? A brief update by somebody
> involved would be nice.

The situation still has not really changed since we brought it up in
June 2004.  MySQL are still working on a suitable license exception -
the current version still prohibits us from including both the MySQL
client libraries and the MySQL server in Fedora Core.

Additionally, and I'll keep repeating this: changes made to the MySQL
web site do not affect the licensing of released MySQL tarballs.  It
makes no difference what press releases are made or what web pages are
updated, until tarballs hit the ground which are licensed with the new
exception.  That hasn't happened yet.

community at lists.mysql.com is the appropriate list to ask questions about
the status of the license exception.

Regards,