Virgin Yum Says "No Server" After 7 May Install & Yum Update; Why>

billg billg at f-m.fm
Mon May 10 19:38:40 UTC 2004

I know this has been beat to death, but running "yum check-update" is
telling me the server isn't there.  This is on an FC2 Test3 machine built
on 7 May from ISO's pulled down on 6 May and successfully updated via yum
on 7 may (i.e., freeze day).  I did not receive this error on that day
and have made zero changes to yum's configuration, ever, period.  Why did
yum work on 7 May but not since?  Did the update pull down a bogus list
of servers?

Here's  what I'm seeing:

"yum check-update

Server: Fedora Core 1.92 - i386 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:
  http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1.92/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1.92/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found"

Thanks.Yum