Driver Nvidia and kernel 2.6.5-1.358 on FC2 T1

Andy Ross andy at plausible.org
Tue May 11 14:12:28 UTC 2004

jim tate wrote:
> I sure wished this NVIDIA bug could get solved, I want to upgrade my
> Laptop Dell Inspiron 8600 / Nvidia Geforce2Go 5200.  Has Nvidia at
> there Website come out with a driver for the 2.6 kernel ?

NVidia has had a driver for the 2.6 kernel for many months.  The
problem is an incompatibility with the FC2 kernel only.  Stock kernels
work fine (I am running 2.6.6 right now), and are what you will have
to use until and unless NVidia supports the 4KSTACKS option.  Fedora
kernels simply won't work with the drivers.

Andy