imap server - Dovecot or WU-imap

Doug Brott brott at redh.com
Tue May 11 15:51:11 UTC 2004

Götz Reinicke wrote:

> Anyway, is dovecot a better choice [than WU-IMAP]?
>
> Thanks!
> Götz
> Götz Reinicke schrieb:

I've been using dovecot for a long time now.  Granted I have a
relatively small system, but dovecot is by far the easiest IMAP server I
have ever installed or used.  I used to have connection issues with
WU-IMAP all of the time and finally told myself "there must be something
better."  I took what turned out to be a relatively small effort to move
to dovecot and no longer even think about the IMAP server .. it just works.

I do use the MAILDIR format for my messages.  I cannot remember if this
is a requirement with dovecot or not, but I like MAILDIR format better
than MBOX format.  While "better" may be relative to your situation, I
can only say that I have had a positive experience with dovecot.

Regards

--
Doug Brott
brott at redh.com