Normal behavior, Or Bug?

slim vslim at insightbb.com
Thu May 13 02:50:25 UTC 2004

Hi,
I was just wondering if this behavior is normal..
When copying text from any application and pasting to any other
location, The copied text will be lost if the application from which you
copied is shut down..

two examples

if coping text from one terminal to another, the text copied will be
lost if first terminal is exited before the paste operation.

lets say I copy some text from my mail reader, shut down the mail reader
then go to paste in any application the text is lost.

Also on a side note, with evolution, I can not copy text from message
body...

I am having these problems on the two machines I have running fedora on.

1 is an amd upgraded from valhalla> shrike> FC1> FC2T3

the other is a clean install of FC2T3  pent-II

Thanks for any insights