Yum problems

Neil B. Cohen nbc at aikisoft.com
Thu May 13 15:45:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just started getting the following error when trying to run

>>> yum update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1.92/i386/RPMS.updates/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1.92/i386/RPMS.updates/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

on my Fedora 2(test3) system. I saw a reference on this list to the fact
that this was a known problem, but I have not been able to figure out
how to get yum working again. One person provided an alternate yum.conf
file, which did work once but then it started giving me the same error
(that is what is shown above). Do I just stop using yum for now or is
there a workaround? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Much obliged,

nbc

NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Aiki Software)
PHONE:  703-444-4610
DOMAIN: nbc at aikisoft.com
* Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
* O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *