valgrind on FC2 (undefined symbol: __libc_accept)

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Thu May 13 16:12:26 UTC 2004

Neal Becker wrote:

> Agreed, but valgrind in *very* important, so hopefully libc developers can
> work together wih valgrind developers to prevent breakage.

If you think it's important, then volunteer your time to check that
valgrind doesn't do anything stupid [*].  For me it's one of a gazillion
of programs which are "important".  I'm not checking whether a change
will break any of them if the change which is made is valid.  Why should
I pick a few programs and treat them special?

[*] Which is, incidently, to a large extend very simple.  If a program
uses symbols with version GLIBC_PRIVATE it is using internal interfaces.
 And guess what?  __libc_accept has this version.