Realplayer9 ?? fedora2test3

Mark Fonnemann markf78 at yahoo.com
Sat May 15 05:06:29 UTC 2004

Hello-

jim wrote:
>I have just installed Realplayer9 and it does not have a rpnp.so to drag
>into /mozilla/plugins.
>Does anyone know what the name of the file you drag into Mozilla/plugins ?

i believe you need to install the RealPlayer8 rpm and then you add the
additional RealPlayer9 codecs add-on. the rpnp.so plugin can be found in the
RealPlayer8 rpm. i just recently installed and this was the method i used.
perhaps, a complete RealPlay9 package exists but as of very recently, to the
best of my knowledge, it didn't. i guess linux (unix) isn't a priority for
Real, Inc. maybe someday we linux users won't be treated as second class
citizens anymore... <sigh>

mark. :-)