Working Firewire in FC2?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat May 15 19:34:50 UTC 2004

Mark Fonnemann wrote:

>Hello-
>
>On May 14, 2004, "Bruce P. Morin" <bpmorin at safepointetech.com> wrote:
>

>>>Does anyone know if Firewire will be functional in FC2? This is an important
>>>hardware tool for us, and it wasn't working in FC1.
>>>

>Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>

>>http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/snapshots/FC1-firewire/
>>http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/snapshots/FC2-firewire/
>>

>i assume that ieee1394 will be re-enabled in a development kernel in the very
>near future?
>
>mark. :-)

Probably yes. When this problem was posted for the first time (dont
remmember if it was in fedora-test-list or fedora-devel-list) , the
developers said that if needed , they'd ship FC2 with firewire disabled
, but wanted to enable it again ASAP.. In this case , I believe that as
soon as it has been tested a lot , it'll be pushed to the updates
directory...

--
Pedro Macedo