Working Firewire in FC2?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun May 16 20:16:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:02:18PM -0400, Bruce P. Morin wrote:
> As I mentioned earlier, SuSE gets this right out of the box. With the
> exception of Firewire800, this technology has been around a while. If there
> is a bug in 2.6.5, then why use it? If I recall correctly, SuSE uses 2.6.4.

Because it doesnt work anything like well enough with every 2.6 tested.
Bugzilla fills up with broken systems, including people who didnt need
firewire. So we took it out, it can be put back in an errata but installing
FC2 on a box which fails to install due to firewire is rather harder to fix
with errata