Red Hat Introduces Desktop Linux Competitor

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun May 16 20:51:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 09:14:57AM -0500, jim tate wrote:
> Why is it, that Redhat so dislikes KDE? the number one
> choice of linux users.

I'm not sure whether KDE is the number one choice of users (or in fact
whether most users actually care/know). I am sure Red Hat doesn't "dislike"
KDE.

For business you have to care about stuff like supportability, what business
wants and business requirements - like accessibility for disabled users.

> I read this article, and I assumed that they will still offer KDE
> as a optional install in Fedora2.

Fedora 2 has KDE, and I really don't see it going away 8). In fact FC2 we
added a desktop (xfce)

Alan