Realplayer10 !!

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Mon May 17 00:53:29 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 18:48, Roland Wolters wrote:
> Thanks very much - is there any staement about this by redhat or other people
> who make these decisions?

No offense but who the fuck cares?  Really? All this hurrah over a
crappy media player that can't play anything without binary codecs and
rediculous licenses.  Ok so there is a media player that is open source
(non-GPL of course) that can't play anything.  Wow I'm impressed sign me
up!!!

Why would Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, Debian, or anyone else include it?
Why?  It's completely fucking useless without binary codecs under a
fascist license.  You can play the same files under xine, mplayer,
totem, and vlc which are GPL.  But you still need the binary licenses to
use any codecs so whats the point?

Anyone???

> And, btw.: what do you mean with "Extras"? The fedora.us Repositories? Is this
> official?

The day this package is in Fedora is the day I move to another
distribution.

> Roland

-sb