How to help? was Re: Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

Marshall Lewis marshall at novafoundry.com
Mon May 17 16:44:14 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 11:53, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
> Law Horne wrote:
>
> >Ok I posted this A little while ago. But since everyone was still
> >arguing about this issue no one seem to notice. So I do not know if it
> >helps or not. SO I'M REPOSTING it.
> >

> thx , but I'm looking for ways to gather data to be used to find the
> reasons of this problem so it can be added to the bug report and fixed...

Wouldn't determining if his suggested fix works be useful in determining
the potential cause?

Personally.. I don't have this problem, I have in fact the exact
opposite problem.  On my tablet, after installing fc2t3, it refuses to
boot linux (boots windows just fine) when grub is installed on a
partition instead of the mbr.  Oh, and windows overwrites my mbr every
time I log into it (or maybe it's when I log out of it, still trying to
figure that out).  So at this point I've resorted to having a dos
partition that windows can boot, that overwrites my mbr with the one
contains grub, reboot.. launch linux.. and then I'm good to go until I
have to run windows again.

I bring it up because to me, it sounds some what related to your issue.

--
 Marshall