development ISOs?

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Thu May 20 13:46:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 08:02, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can development ISOs be made available from rawhide?
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/
>
> These would be the equivalent of FC2 + all rawhide updates, right?

I've wanted RawHide ISOs for a long time, but I have been told this will
not happen many times.  Most recently a few months ago on the devel
list.  All the reasons not to do it made perfect sense, I just don't
recall what they are exactly.  Off the top of my head, disk space on the
mirrors might have been one reason.  I think another reason was that
they didn't want to bother making ISO and dealing with all the bandwith
wasted when rawhide packages broke something and wouldn't install
anyways.  So basically they'd be wasting gigs of disk space and
bandwith.  I'm sure there are other reasons, I just don't feel like
opening a browser to look it up in the archives for ya.  Check out the
fedora-devel-list archives and search for 'rawhide iso' and you'll
probably find your answer.

-sb