Sorry...

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Sun May 23 00:39:58 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 18:01, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2004, Stan Bubrouski wrote:
>
> >Hey,
> >
> >Sorry I haven't been very polite on these lists lately, and I've been
> >more than a little unfair to Warren Togami specifically.  And I know its
> >totally my fault.  I'm man enough to admit it.
>
> Thanks for saying this.. may it be used as an example to the rest of us
> when we are tools too. I probably need it at least once every 3 months.
>
> I am not sure that there is a proper charter for what the mailing lists
> say or do. A general posting to each of the lists from Red Hat or an
> appointed stuckee of a FAQ and rules of use would probably be a good
> thing.. even if it just starts with:

Totally.  As it stands its more than just difficult to figure what
should be posted where.  You could probably post the same question twice
to the list and illicit entirely different responses entailing things
like "This is the solution..." where other times you will get "Don't be
a jerk and post questions like this to the this list" it doesn't evoke a
spirit of community.  When people don't where to ask a question, then
there is a problem that deserves clarification.

<SNIP>

> Anyway, here is my first attempt at chronicalling the madness, erm,
> project.

Madness.  That i understand.

-sb