Scanner problem

Neil B. Cohen nbc at aikisoft.com
Sun May 23 15:31:46 UTC 2004

I recently purchased an HP 2175xi printer/scanner/copier. Hooked it up
to my Fedora 2 test3 system and it worked fine. Got it to print and scan
without any problems.

I just wiped the machine and installed the FC2 release. The printer
works, but Xsane tells me there are no scanners. The machine is attached
to the USB port, and scanimage -L (run as root) tells me that there is
(probably) a scanner on the USB port - but it won't actually scan
anything.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get the scanner working would be
appreciated. The printer still seems to be working...

Much obliged,

nbc

NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Aiki Software)
PHONE:  703-444-4610
DOMAIN: nbc at aikisoft.com
* Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
* O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *