Fedora Project Mailing Lists reminder

Christian B. Ellsworth Capo k at dicec.cl
Mon May 24 20:04:54 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 15:00, Gene C. wrote:
> On Monday 24 May 2004 13:47, Elliot Lee wrote:
> > This is a reminder of the mailing lists for the Fedora Project, and
> > the purpose of each list. You can view this information at
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/communicate/
> >
> > When you're using these mailing lists, please take the time to choose
> > the one that is most appropriate to your post. If you don't know the
> > right mailing list to use for a question or discussion, please contact
> > me. This will help you get the best possible answer for your question,
> > and keep other list subscribers happy!
>
> I heartily agree that folks need to keep their posts On Topic for the mailing
> list that they post their message to.  For the most part, the various mailing
> lists have a single topic in mind (fedora-test for beta testing of new
> releases and proposed updates, fedora-devel for future FC development, etc.).
> However, the fedora-list mailing list has a very large volume of traffic for
> for most individuals the signal-to-noise is not worth the effort and they
> unsubscribe (as I have).
>
> Suggestion: create a few more mailing lists which are targeted for specific
> topics such as perhaps "fedora-config", "fedora-install", "fedora-hardware",
> "fedora-applications", etc., etc.  These might not be exactly the correct
> ones but I believe that some additional lists such as these could help by
> having a focused mailing lists with low traffic volumes.  While this will not
> eliminate Off Topic posts, it could help to minimize them by providing low
> volume mailing list directed toward specific discussion areas.
>
> Just a thought ... any comments?
you got my vote..

even this current list has

perhaps adding a +x86_64 at the end of the current lists... to denote
the AMD64 arch... that could be my 2c

--
Christian B. Ellsworth Capo (k at dicec.cl)
Linux Chief Engineer

DICEC Ltda.
Mariano Sanchez Fontecillas 966b, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.
Phone (56 2) 2633340
Fax (56 2) 2071820
Mobile (56 9) 4195632

All Your Base Are Belong To Tux