fc2 kernel panic

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Tue May 25 21:07:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 20:40, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
>      A. Did a yum upgrade earlier today from fc1 to fc2 and it appears
>         like the initrd.imgcreated is bad. Boot squaks like it can't
>         read the drive label, booted into 2.4 kernel and dumpe2fs shows
>         the right label. This box has 2 scsi drives, 3 ide and 2
>         cdrom's, smp athlon.
>
> My typical work around is to rebuild kernel and not use initrd.img.
> But this looks different to my untrained eyes.

No thoughts, but I'm having the same problem when trying to compile
custom kernels from devel... something about VFS and label though the
drives are fine and the labels are correct.  Seems to be a problem with
mkinitrd image.  Should probably check out bugzilla...I've been lazy,
you might want to check it out.

-sb