some items that might be of interest to FC2 developers and users

Robert Cavey rcavey at g0mos16.gsfcmo.ecs.nasa.gov
Wed May 26 14:59:52 UTC 2004

I am no help on one (I don't use gnome) and two(never used Komoto).

> 3.    Does anyone know why the SUN JRE plugin
> doesn't display some java stuff using
> mozilla?  I do Internet Banking and installed
> the SUN JRE 1.4.2, even tried the 1.5 beta,
> and the java app doesn't display.  By the
> way, this also happens with RHEL ES v3.  Is
> there a particular JRE I should install or is
> there something more sinister?

Make sure you link to the proper .so compiled with gcc32

ls -la /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjava*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   67 May 20 10:38 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_04/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so*

Java started working fine after I made this change.