new kernel for testing

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed May 26 15:32:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:47:50PM -0500, Satish Balay wrote:
> ACPI with the new kernel doesn't work on IBM ThinkPad T40. With
>
> echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
>
> the machine briefly attempts to go to sleep and then comes back.

I am observing the same on Acer Travelmate 230 (with the newest BIOS
which is available).  OTOH when using 2.6.5-1.358 from FC2 release
this laptop does goes to sleep and even resumes - in a sense
- with this small detail that after a resume video is absolutely
dead.  The box can be accessed and used over a network although
some other bits and pieces, like floppy, are also gone.

   Michal