Scanner problem - solved...

Neil B. Cohen nbc at aikisoft.com
Thu May 27 10:33:48 UTC 2004

FYI,

I asked about a scanner problem a couple of days ago. My PSC 2175
printed and scanned with Fedora Test 3 when I bought it, and would print
under the Fedora 2 release, but did not recognize the scanner.

Several people responded with suggestions about permissions, but I found
the answer at LinuxQuestions.org (Thanks!). It is necessary to run the
command

/etc/init.d/hpoj setup

to configure the scanner properly. I must have done that with the
previous Fedora release and then forgot about it... After running that
command, then xsane or kooka do detect the scanner.

Thanks to those who responded! And I will move future questions to the
fedora-list mailing list since I'm now working with the official
release...

nbc