Xine seems to have lost it's sound!

t l concert at europe.com
Sun May 30 18:34:49 UTC 2004

I've succeeded in 'un-wedging' the sound by running the 'System Settings->Soundcard Detection' app.

After running this, sound works again.

If this doesn't work, try running 'alsamixer' command. Make sure the appropriate settings are turned on.
You may need to run 'Soundcard Detection' after this....

Don't know why this works for me....
   tom

* From: Paul <paul all-the-johnsons co uk>

Hi,

Any ideas on this one. I was halfway through playing an mpeg when the
sound died on Xine. Not even a restart of the app would bring it back to
life.

I'm using ALSA, so there shouldn't be a problem with xmms being on. I
killed it anyway, restarted Xine and still no sound.

Any ideas?

TTFN

Paul
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com