Gnome can not start continued

Darek Borkowski bednar007 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 09:25:24 UTC 2004

I would like to add that same problem were present in Gnome 2.4, 2.6
and 2.8 and even better (RedHatLinux 9, FC1, FC2 and now FC3).
I have seen problem on 4 different computers
(Pentium 2 with 192 MB RAM and S3 Trio gfx,
P4HT 2.4GHz with 1 GB ram, ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, ATI 9100 with standard
xorg driver,
P4 2.1 GHz, Gigabyte 8I-EXP with 512 MB ram and ATI 9000 PRO with ATI
binary driver,
Toshiba Satellite 1135-S1554 with PentiumM 2.2 GHz, 512 MB ram and
Intel 85x gfx).
With such basic lack of functionality I wonder if I will still use
Gnome (besides I really like Gnome). I have never seen not starting
KDE for example.

Darek Borkowski