Public SPEC files please

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Nov 5 04:47:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 18:52, Dag Wieers wrote:

> I guess it's time again to ask/beg for making those SPEC files public. All
> of them if possible: Fedora, Raw Hide, RHEL, fedora.us, livna.org.

I subscribe to that. All package makers, including the Linux
distributions themselves, should publish the spec files.
True, downloading a src.rpm should provide the same information, but
sometimes that's not doable, for technical reasons or otherwise.

I maintained various packages in the past, and i always made a point of
publishing the specs. It's in the spirit of GPL, even though it may be
excessive to the letter of it (although IANAL so you never know).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/