Evolution 2.0.2 Doesn't Display Certain Messages

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Fri Nov 5 14:15:54 UTC 2004

I don't know if this is a reported bug or not, but EV 2.0.2 in FC3T3
seems to randomly fail displaying certain HTML formatted messages. Now I
know some of you will think this may not be necessarily bad <grin>, but
think of it at it appears to not be working as designed or intended.

In particular, HTML formatted messages which use CSS tags seem to really
have a difficult time. Once one message fails, other HTML messages - and
sometimes even plain text messages - randomly can not be displayed.
Sometimes this only happens when using the preview window. Opening the
message in its own window will then sometimes work - but other times the
message will not display no matter what you do. I can't find any pattern
to this behavior. Note that these messages *do* display properly and
consistently in other mail clients like Mozilla Thunderbird.

If nobody has reported this, I will happily file as a bug, but I thought
I would check here first to make sure nobody has.

Cheers,

Chris

--
When the solution is simple,