BitTorrent for FC3 Release

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sun Nov 7 18:21:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 09:29 -0600, Jerone Young wrote:
> Why all this secrecy. You whould swear this was some kind of corprate
> release. I thought that this was to preserve bandwidth for ftp mirrors
> and get them ready for the heavy load. Why whouldn't you release the
> bittorrent files first, (building a network among folks on the list)
> that way when 3pm Monday does come there are many seeders who can
> help, and it would extremely relieve the ftp sites.

BitTorrent *will* relieve demand on the mirrors. However, the point of
having a release date is to have a release date; no point in setting a
release date if you release before the release date, right?

By the way, please don't top post, and please delete unnecessary content
from previous messages when you reply (i.e. trim your post). If you do
not show the list the simple courtesy everyone expects, you will not get
a lot of courtesy yourself.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>