What I hope is not in FC3

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 01:11:21 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:32:54PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>3) CD burning programs that do not select rational default settings, to
>>prevent mediacheck errors.
>

> The problem to be fair is in the IDE CD driver not the CD burners, its not
> yet fixed and its not trivial to fix or it would have been fixed by now

This is understandable, I reviewed the FC3 release notes and there was
mention of running mediacheck on the CDs. There was no mention regarding
IDE CDROM drives not getting things correct during the present state
while the difficult limitations exist regarding the failure of mediacheck.
This would probably save a lot of people that were not participants
during the testing phase from wasting a lot of functional burned CDs.

Thanks for the earlier definition regarding the problem and the newer
information regarding the reader portion and not the writer portion for
IDE CDROMs being limitd from this 2.6 kernel related problem.

Jim

--
We are not a loved organization, but we are a respected one.
		-- John Fisher