Another NetworkManager question

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Thu Nov 11 07:35:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 10:02 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> > How is it possible that iwconfig and NM applet show conflicting information ?
> > In this case at least a 30% signal strength means that NM applet information
> > is actually incorrect.
>
> Orinoco cards have problems.  My orinoco card (and I've had the same
> report from 2 other people) will refuse to associate with an AP when its
> strength is low.  However, it will report being connected to an AP when it
> clearly cannot be.  For example:

I was playing with NetworkManagerInfo today on my Mac. I had to manually
add the name of the network I wanted to connect to (because scanning
w/Airport cards doesn't work), and afterward, I managed to completely
hard lock my system, requiring a hard reboot

I didn't get any appropriate debugging information either... This is
FC3/ppc
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi