Minimal install (was: Re: Features for FC4)

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Tue Nov 16 12:30:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 09:06 -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Ter, 2004-11-16 às 00:29, Rodolfo J. Paiz escreveu:
>
> >    1. If someone will kindly help me figure out how to edit the
> > comps.xml file without spending days on it, I'm sure I can work with the
> > Fedora team to knock 150MB-200MB from the FC4 minimal install.
>
> How much space we're talking about? I mean, on hd. The less I could get
> on a gnome system was about 600MB...
Alexander

Rodolfo is looking to get the smallest base install possible mainly for
server environments, he wishes to try and keep as much functionality,
but with less "services".

Once he has that, and it is installed one could use yum or up2date to
get all other requirements satisfied, like installing mail servers, imap
servers, ftp, dhcp, blah blah blah.

This initially is not for "desktop" or "workstation" systems.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator