Fedora C3 specific dual boot question

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:16:16 UTC 2004

OK, I now have Solaris 10 installed on a 2nd internal HD. However,
when I attempted to modify the grub boot loader I am stymied by the
way FC3 set up my system.

The grub entyr I put in is:

title Solaris 10
        rootnoverify (hd3,1)
        makeactive
        chainloader +1

Because I now have Sol10 on /dev/hdc, partition 1

But FC3 configured my system with the internal drive as an LVM (smart,
I liked that, but now it's a new wrinkle).

So my fstab is this:

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdd                /media/cdrw_dvdr        auto
noauto,user,exec,managed,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
noauto,user,exec,managed 0 0

So when I attempt to perform the following sequence, grub does not
recognize any of the drives I am calling for.

(grub) root (hd0,0)
(grub) setup (hd0)
(grub) quit

Can anyone help?