FC3 - wrong screen resolution - SOLVED

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Nov 20 01:34:04 UTC 2004

Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Thanks to valuable input from Robin Holt and Jim Cornette

It is great that you have the problem solved. You ought to file a bug
report with the problem and resolution into bugzilla. I'm not sure if it
was an issue with anaconda, s-c-display or the hardware detection
software not discovering what card that you have.
The video setup should just work with only needing to adjust preferences
(resolution, etc:)

Adding the bug report stating hardware. (video card) and what manual
configuration options that you had to perform would head off
configuration issues for FC4 and beyond.

The solution might be posted onto the fedora-list if you see a similar
problem on the users list.

Glad to help and I hope you share the solution for a better next
distribution and aid other users with the same type of problem.

Jim