livecd using fedora core 3 with kde3.3.1, gnome 2.8 etc

Dirk Westfal livelinux at nwst.de
Mon Nov 29 22:26:55 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 November 2004 21:38, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> man, 29.11.2004 kl. 20.16 skrev Dirk Westfal:

> Just wondering - all that with read-only root etc. - don't this project
> share a lot of common goals (or at least technical ways to get there)
> with the stateless project?

Right - and I`m monitoring this project constantly (and some things, problems
and solutions look quite familiar :))

The stateless-linux project uses a somewhat other approach - and has a broader
target eg. server/ (harddisk installed) client, snapshots/nfs, lot`s of
file/file mounts etc, while i have a lot of cd/usb - specific things eg. one
main tmpfs mount for the runtime-writable root and another for temporary
files, special rpms, cache archives to speed up boot and else stuff.

For the future i hope to find a way for some things to be 'compatible' :)

Best Regards,
Dirk Westfal