samba configuration utility does not load up

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 1 03:20:19 UTC 2004

Why don't you download and install Fedora Core 3 RC5 which was made
available just this past Friday.

As to Samba, you should also look over the Release Notes that come with
RC5. there is a short section on Samba that you should study. You either
need to disable your Fedora Core firewall, or configure a WINS server
and point the "WINS server" option of your smb.conf file at it. I have
not done this myself.

Bob