FC3rc5

Andrew W. Donoho awd at DDG.com
Mon Nov 1 16:21:36 UTC 2004

On Oct 31, 2004, at 11:17, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2004, at 23:51, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
>> 	I tried to upgrade an FC2 SMP i686 system on an LVM managed disk.
>> The system did not update grub properly. When I hand edited grub, the
>> system then panicked. I'll report more later after I've had time to
>> dig in deeper.
>

> Folks,
>
> 	I tried re-updating the system. I got the same error:
>
> After NASH loads:
>
> mount: error 6 mounting ext3
> mount: error 2 mounting none
> switchroot: mount failed: 22
> umount /initrd/dev failed 2
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
>
> 	I'll keep the system this way for awhile waiting for someone's
> response to these messages. Otherwise I'll scrub the drive and restart
> from scratch. Bear in mind that this system was running fine under
> FC2.

Folks,

	Does anybody want to know what went wrong upgrading my system from FC2
-> FC3rc5? I don't know where to start sleuthing to tell you what went
wrong. The system boots fine with the FC3rc5 Rescue disk. Therefore, I
can go traipsing through the file system. So a response from someone,
perhaps FC3rc5 test requester, Mr. Lee, would be appreciated. Or was
this community testing request hoo-ha just a waste of all of our time?

Andrew
Andrew W. Donoho
awd at DDG.com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
+1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)