Kudos to whomever worked on the synaptics touchpad driver !

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 19:39:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 08:59 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> Will it make me a bad person to say I'm starting to get very
> disenchanted with Bugzilla? If that's the primary means to track and
> resolve bugs, then I am all the more impressed with the work individual
> developers do since it doesn't seem to be all that useful (to be kind).

It's far better to have things in bugzilla than random mail - it's
easier to track, etc.  Particularly having been away for a few days.

> So how do you suggest I file it? Against rhpl which requires synaptics?
> Against synaptics which requires xorg*? Gotta say I'm not sure how to go
> about this here.

Against rhpl, the fix will be better run time detection of both h/w and
conditional on if the driver is available.  The same needs to be done
for wacom tablets too.

Paul