NetworkManager Issues

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vR at movingparts.net
Wed Nov 3 02:05:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 10:47 -0500, Amitabha Roy wrote:
> Latest rawhide networkmanager is now asking for a password for a
> wireless network
> which I know is not encrypted!

How can I get NetworkManagerInfo to prompt me for a WEP key??  I can't
for the life of me get this to work, and I REALLY want to....

I have started /etc/init.d/NetworkManager, and started
NetworkManagerInfo.  My first problem is that I can't get
NetworkManagerInfo to deal with a wireless network that has WEP turned
on as well as doesn't broadcast its ESSID.  I tried to manually get it
to work by putting the ESSID in, but it doesn't ask me for a WEP key, so
it's unable to associate and fails.

So I reconfigured my wireless AP to broadcast its ESSID and now
NetworkManagerInfo shows that network in its menu, with a lock icon in
it, but it still doesn't prompt me for my WEP key!!

What am I doing wrong???

--

 `
 ,