Some issues with Fedora Installation

Peter Leif Rasmussen (PLR) PLR at tt.dk
Wed Nov 3 12:20:09 UTC 2004

I am new to this list, and I don't know if this has been covered, but I can't see where to find any archives.

I have had some issues with installing Fedora on an IBM T30 laptop and they still seem to be present in the current Core 3.

1.The IBM T30 has its own hibernation functionality in the BIOS and wants to use a specific type partition for that. Why is the Fedora installer insisting on only recognising its very limited set of partition types during installation? If it doesn't recognize a partition why can't it just leave it alone?

2.If I choose to not have the hibernation partition formatted the installer will let me continue till the end, but then not let me finish anyway. And I have only _one_ option, ie. to reboot and start all over. Not even to go back and repair whatever the installer is unhappy about!?

If these issues have already been discussed, please let me know if there is a way I can see what was said, and perhaps if they are in the queue to be resolved.

Thank you,

Peter