Problem with Kernel 667?

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Nov 3 19:29:26 UTC 2004

I don't know if if is well documented, but I think /dev/cdrom is an
outdated mount point.  I think things are being mounted under /media
these days.  I'll bet the cdrom driver in the kernel is mounting the
cdrom under /media.

You might have to delete some automount and fstab entries to get things
working again.

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 14:00 -0500, Neil B. Cohen wrote:
> I have been running FC3 for a few days - no problems with kernels 639,
> 640, 643 etc. I just installed 667 and rebooted, and when it tried to
> start KsCD, I was told that /dev/cdrom had the wrong permissions or no
> audio CD was in the drive. I was listening to a CD before I rebooted, so
> I know it was working. But after the reboot, /dev/cdrom does not exist
> at all. Any idea why? What is the 'correct' way to restore that?
>
> Is this a known issue? Do I need to create a bugzilla entry?
>
> thanks,
>
> nbc
>
> NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Cisco Systems Inc.)
> PHONE:  703-484-1316
> DOMAIN: nbc at cisco.com
> * Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
> * O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *

Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc