kernel headers vmware

Brian Callahan brian at networklifeline.net
Fri Nov 5 10:30:40 UTC 2004

Thanks Paul,

Great HELP !!!
 VMware 4.0
I didn't know I could just point it at the /lib/modules dir. I have
always used the source I need to get up with the "new" way of doing
things.

I tried pointing it to /lib/modules and I get :
What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running
kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include] /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.541/build/include/

The kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have the
same
address space size as your running kernel.

I tried going to RC5  .667 but I run into the NVidia module build
problem. I will try again- I want to be at the closest relaes to the
final when it comes out so I don't have to re-install.

BC